Sunday 18 March 2007

The idea is becoming reality

It's amazing that, just a few days ago, I was only contemplating this. Now, I am actively preparing for it.
I had hoped to call my company 'Chickles', but I did some research and found that this is already a registered Trademark. In addition, market research identified that this name might imply something to do with chicken and, therefore, may be misleading. I played around with some alternatives and have now chosen the Company name and, hopefully, registered the .com and .co.uk domains. I will worry about building up the website sometime in the future, when I do actually have products to sell.

I am also starting on my business plan and have some very environmentally friendly ideas, which I think will go down well with local customers. Next step is to register my premises with the local authority and take advice about the legal aspects of starting a business e.g. the Inland Revenue! I don't want to fall foul of them! Insurance will be a sizeable, but essential, chunk of my startup costs and I have found a suitable policy.

I have also sourced a supplier of jam jars and purchased some much needed equpiment. However, I haven't spent much money yet, so, at this stage, I could still walk away from it, but, unless there's a very big pitfall (which Ihaven't yet identified) I'm going to go for it!

1 comment:

David Hall said...

Hi Cherry

Thanks for your kind words.

How about Pickneys? Good luck with the business!

Cheers
David